These Salted Dark Chocolate Chunk & Almond Cookies are thick, chewy, flavorful and possibly a little addicting… Using the best combination of ingredients for the most amazing texture and flavor, plus no chilling required!
PREP TIME:10 mins
COOK TIME:8 mins
TOTAL TIME:18 mins
- 1 cup whole wheat white flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
- 2/3 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 3.5oz bar dark chocolate, chopped (I used this)
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F, line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl add both flours, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together until combined, set aside.
- In a large bowl using hand mixer or paddle attachment of stand mixer, cream together butter, coconut oil, and sugars, until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Add in egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract until combined.
- Add in dry ingredients slowly, on low-medium speed until dough comes together. Using large wooden spoon, stir in chopped almonds and dark chocolate chunks.
- Using large cookie scoop (or rounded tablespoon) scoop dough balls and place on prepared cookie sheets, leaving about 3-4 inches of room between. –I like to space my cookie dough in alternating rows of 2 and 3, to make sure there is enough room for the cookies to spread a little.
- Sprinkle cookie dough with coarse sea salt and bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 1 minute before transferring to wire rack to cool completely, adding more salt if you wish.–To keep cookies chewy, don’t bake longer than 10 minutes. Even if they look a little underdone, they will set upon cooling. If you prefer a crispier cookie, bake an extra 1-2 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 105mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 18mg