- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1-3/4 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 to 6 tablespoons whole milk
- 3/4 cup grape jelly
- Dry roasted peanuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour two 9-in. round baking pans. In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to peanut butter mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add the vanilla, confectioners’ sugar and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with jelly. Top with the remaining cake layer; frost top and sides of cake with frosting. Garnish with additional jelly and peanuts, if desired.
1 slice: 434 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.