Homemade Double Chocolate Almond Butter Oat Protein Bars. Using oats in protein bars makes these super quick and no food processor needed. Just one bowl and less than 30 minutes! You can’t say no to these.
PREP TIME:30 minutes
TOTAL TIME:30 minutes
YIELD:12 bars 1x
for the bars:
- 3/4 cup natural chocolate almond butter* (regular/plain also works)
- 1/3 cup + 1 TBS honey (I like raw here)
- 1 TBS almond or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup protein powder** (plant based or whey)
- 3 TBS cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa)
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 TBS chia seeds
- chocolate topping:
- 2 TBS mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Line 8×8 pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl gently stir together almond butter, honey, oil, cocoa powder and protein powder. If almond butter is really thick and oil has separated, make sure it is well stirred before adding into bowl with other ingredients. You can also microwave almond butter and honey together for 15 seconds prior to adding in the cocoa and protein to make stirring easier if necessary.
- Add in rolled oats and chia seeds; use large sturdy spatula to stir. Don’t be afraid to use hands to get the dry ingredients mixed in well.
- Press mixture into prepared pan, using hands to press evenly into all corners. Place pan in freezer for 20 minutes to set, or refrigerator for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once bars have set, lift parchment paper from pan and place on cutting board. Using a large sharp knife, cut bars into 12 servings. If using topping, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave for 10 second intervals. Once completely melted drizzle chocolate on bars and allow to set, about 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Store Chocolate Almond Butter Protein Bars in airtight container in fridge 2-3 weeks, or in store in freezer for longer period of time. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/12th
- Calories: 236
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 67g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 0mg